How to Accept the Award
The Liebster Blog Award is a way to recognize blogs that have less than 200 followers. Liebster is a word in German that means beloved and valued. Here are the rules for accepting the award:
- Thank the person that nominated you and include a link back to their blog.
- List 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Create 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate.
- Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or fewer followers to nominate and include links back to their blogs.
- Go to each blogger's page and let them know you have nominated them
11 random facts about me:
1. I danced in the Opening Ceremonies of the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta. It was one of the most exciting things I've ever done!
2. The ONLY reality show I would ever consider trying out for would be "The Amazing Race".
3. I've driven an automatic transmission vehicle now for the last 12 years. I really miss having a manual!
4. I'm a little bit addicted to Sudoku puzzles
5. I would MUCH rather clean stalls than clean my house.
6. I'm a dog person.
7. I'm going to begin training for a triathlon once I get moved to California!
8. I'm not much for drinking. Not even wine. If you CAN get me to drink, it's usually a margarita/fruity frou frou type drink.
9. The day before we leave GA for CA is my 14th wedding anniversary.
10. I'm more of a mountain girl rather than a beach girl.
11. When I was young (and arguably dumb) I preferred my horses the bigger the better. I'm 5'2. Now? I WILL own an eventing pony some day!;)
Here are 11 Questions I Made for You!
1. You are stuck on a deserted island, what is the first thing you do?
I guess I would try and find a source for fresh water!
2. You meet a stranger, he offers you two pills. He says the green one will take you on an amazing adventure although it may have dangerous/deadly consequences or he says you can take the yellow which will make you forget any of this ever happened. Which would you take? Why?
Wow! This is so hard! I guess it depends on what my reality is. I always said if the "Matrix" were real, I would rather stay in the Matrix and live my life as a fantasy in my little pod thing rather than 'actually' live in the harsh reality of that world.
3. Would you rather own a unicorn or a pegasus?
Pegasus, for sure!
4. What was your most memorable experience you and your horse shared?
Competing Novice for the first time at the KHP. BEST time ever of my entire life. Can't wait to do it again some day!
5. What is a riding discipline you have always wanted to try? Why? ie. barrel racing, steeple chasing etc.
I'd like to ride a cutting or a reigning horse some day.
6. What was your favorite toy from your childhood?
My Breyer horses!
7. If you show, what was your most favorite ribbon/award you earned?
My beautiful yellow May Daze ribbon for previously mentioned first Novice outing!
8. You are at a bar (or restaurant if you are under 21!) what drink would you order?
9. How many siblings do you have?
One brother and one sister, both younger
10. What is your favorite time of the year?
Spring and Fall. Fall probably trumps Spring because the temps can be just a little less humid and muggy :)
11. Which do you like short horses or tall horses?
I don't ever need to own a horse taller than 16 hands. But I like to think I don't discriminate based on height!
11 questions from me:
1. When you ride, do you cross train disciplines? Meaning, have you ever slapped a western saddle on your hunter? Taken your eventer to the hunter ring? Done a dressage show with your endurance Arab?
2. TV watcher or no?
3. Smart phone, or not smart phone?
4. Are you a neat freak? Or does a little dust on the picture frames not bother you?
5. If you could live ANYWHERE in the entire world, where would it be?
6. If you had an hour of down time... would you take a nap, or go for a run?
7. Do you color your hair? Why or why not?
8. Other than horses ... what would you consider your favorite activity? Or hobby?
9. Would you flat out gallop your horse in an open field? Have you?
10. Do you care if you're watching HD TV? Or is it just your SO that cares? Or do NEITHER of you care?
11. Can you drive a trailer? Are you comfortable doing it, or does it make your palms sweat?
11 blogs I give the Liebster award to!
1. Amanda at http://afatgirlafathorse.blogspot.com/
2. Amy at http://galsandhorses.blogspot.com/
3. Alighieri at http://comediceventing.blogspot.com/
4. Suzanne at http://confessionsofanaaer.blogspot.com/
5. Cheri at http://golightlysporthorses.blogspot.com/
6. Nicole at http://laughingdownthelines.blogspot.com/
7. Suzie at http://pacificcoasteventing.blogspot.com/
8. Holly at http://4stargazing.blogspot.com/
9. Jennifer at http://buildingthegrove.blogspot.com/
10. Stacey at http://teamtacot3d.blogspot.com/
11. And finally, BAD EVENTER! http://badeventer.blogspot.com/