Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Buck Davidson clinic tomorrow!

Decent trot pic!  Hey there, handsome;)


I had PLANNED to ride Muffin today, but one of the dumb dumb horses at the barn decided to get hung up on the barb wire fence behind the hot wire in her pasture, so I spent my riding time taking care of her instead:(

Yesterday I did longe him.  I've come to the conclusion that I need to give him a day in the draw reins.  It's been over a year since he last got schooled in them, and he needs them for the canter work.  The trot looked great, but he gets inverted at the canter still, even with the side reins tightened up pretty good.

Tomorrow I will get finished a few minutes early and head over to a local farm not far from where I teach so I can finally see Buck Davidson teach in person!  The farm is a dressage farm, so not sure if there will be any jumping involved, but Buck is Buck!  I'll be excited to see whatever he has to say:)

So, I guess Thursday will be draw rein day and Friday will be the "see if we can create what he had in draw reins" day.

No comments:

Post a Comment