Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Exhilirated!!


I ... galloped! Yup, I aimed my pony across a huge pasture, got in 2 point, and held on for the ride! I had tears streaming down my face from the cold wind, but it was INCREDIBLE!! Very fun. My pony was great the other day. Lots of transitions, stayed very quiet at the trot, did some nice canter transitions on both leads, worked on straightness, attempting to do some bending. I definitely think he did have an ulcer, and is feeling better now because he DOES go more forward for me. I think he enjoyed his gallop, as did I, and I should have ridden him today, but I actually have to LIVE with my husband. So, I cleaned up some around the house, which I have been seriously neglecting lately. Maybe I'll get lucky and can ride in the morning before the rain comes, but that is supposed to come in tonight. Anyway, just wanted to update! My High school and Middle school riding teams went to a show this weekend and earned Reserve Champions/Champions, respectively.:) I'm the proud mama all the way around!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, going fast on purpose...what a concept! Sounds like you had a great time! I had to put the medium gullet in my saddle for my mare, and may have to move up to a medium wide soon. She's got a strange body type on her for a TB. Hubby calls her fat as a cow. I think that's a compliment? ;)

    ReplyDelete