Tuesday, May 3, 2011

So, so, so happy


I'm SO glad my horse loads now with no problems (knock on wood). I went with Susan today, and she took her horse that had a trailer issue 2 years ago, and hadn't hauled anywhere since. She had been working with him on loading, but hadn't taken him anywhere. Today, we loaded him up with minimal fuss, then hauled the hour over to Gigi. I watched her AWESOME lesson, then we went to load him back up to come home. 3 hours later, we had to leave the horse and the trailer and finally go home.:( Wow, it was a frustrating ordeal to have the horse just plant his feet and say "Eff you. Not going on".

Anyway, I rode my boy yesterday. The hock looks perfect, no swelling or heat or anything at ALL. Phew:) He was perfectly sound, as usual, and I simply w/t/c for about 20 minutes. I went back to my hunter roots, and used my old, hollow mouth single jointed D-ring snaffle on my 'hunter bridle'. He was good:) He felt really strong at the canter, but I'm not sure how many nights he's been out because of the pop up showers that have been happening. He is so secure in the contact now. I am SO grateful for my opportunity to ride with Gigi because I have a different horse now, literally. I really need to get to a dressage show soon so we can strut our stuff and see how much we've improved!

1 comment: