Sunday, July 5, 2009

Sore, very sore


Sooo ... had my first fall off my boy. We went for a super fun trail Friday. His cut was looking pretty good, so figured there would be no problems riding. It was a few of us girls plus the Cowboy. Whenever the Cowboy is involved, there's some great trail blazing going on. We went up and down some HUGE hills, that I had NO idea were even there. I mean, these hills were so huge, going down I was just about lying on his butt. Going up, he was literally lungeing up these hills. Fun! Then it got a little scary ... going up one big and long and steep hill, Tiki slipped on some rocks and went DOWN on his knees. I didn't even have time to think. Dropped my reins and stirrups and just grabbed mane. Fortunately, he was able to get back up and it was no harm, no foul. Once we got to the top of the hill, we stopped to rest and I patted the heck out of him! Once that was over, it was over. We continuted to ride, and on the "downside" when we were getting close to being done, we decided it would be a GREAT idea to finally canter. The canter, however, was on a twisty, windy, tree laden part of the trail. As I was cantering, I saw a vine. I ducked the vine, however the vine managed to get around my neck anyway. It RIPPED me off his back. Forcibly. Yeah, it hurt a lot. My neck is super sore and has a lovely welt all the way around it. I did ride today, though, on the trail ... in the rain ... with just me and Nancy ... at a walk ... no cantering or trail blazing.:) I'm going to attempt to load the video from when Celeste and I trailered out to that covered arena and rode. Tiki has changed SO much since then ... can't wait for a new video to show the "after" some good training. OK, video didn't work; will have to try again later.:(

2 comments:

  1. OOOoooo!! I hope you are feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto, oooohhhh! Hope you're healing up nicely. No headless horseladies please!

    ReplyDelete