Wednesday, September 15, 2010

My horse gave me goosebumps today ...


... and NOT because I was cold, haha!


Kept with the plan and headed into the front pasture to do trot/canter sets. 8 mins of trot, 2 mins canter, reverse and repeat. Started out normally; a little quick and choppy ... lowered my hands and took contact and put leg on; he started to slow down and equalize a bit. By the time I got to minute number 8, he felt pretty damn good. Picked up the canter, and he has NEVER felt that good. I assumed my "balanced" position; light seat, but shoulders back. I consciously half halted and let go, kept him straight and true, and he stretched into the most BEAUTIFUL hand gallop at some point. I literally got goosebumps at how wonderful and magical it was. When I went to do my downward walk transition, I barely touched his face ... "Whoa", close the fingers, and he was right down to the walk without a single pull or tug.


And yes, I yanked off all cavessons today. He felt great.:)

1 comment:

  1. I love rides like that! Ours are mostly on the trail still, but that's okay.

    You take 'em where you can get 'em.

    ReplyDelete