Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Repetition

(One year ago, at an IEA show)

Gee.  I was just scanning back through my posts from late 2010, and stumbled across this one:
http://tailsoftheottb.blogspot.com/2010/09/its-inevitible.html

Hmmmm.  Told y'all this was not a totally random occurance!  Yesterday felt AMAZING.  I was ridiculously ... SORE.  From WALKING.  What is wrong with me, lol?  Guess that means I really did WORK.  My butt muscles were sore, my seat bones were sore, my back was sore, and my legs felt like jelly.  I left him in his halter again, and worked at the walk for 10 minutes on the dot; same stuff as Monday, really.  Oh yeah, one thing I DID do on Monday that I sort of forgot to mention is I walked for 7 whole minutes in my 2-point:)  That probably accounts for some of the soreness!

After our 10 minuts of walking, I moved him up to the trot.  For the most part, he didn't flex at the poll by himself, but by the end of the 10 minutes, he was reaching his nose to the ground:)  The halter really makes you quit fidgeting with your hands, as well.  You can fidget all you want, but you're not about to accomplish anything because he has no BIT in his mouth;)  I didn't do much "hard" stuff at the trot, just stayed on the rail, and made some large, loopy circles for the most part.  Trotted over a single pole, but not over the cavalettis.  I worked hard!  A nice, big, open trot the whole time, and like I said ... he felt GREAT:)

Today, I am so sick I didn't go teach tonight:(  I've been fighting a mild cold since the Sunday of the last IEA show where it was cold and wet, and yesterday I woke up with a horrible sore throat/neck/head.  Today it's just as bad, AND my clear discharge has turned nasty yellow:(  I felt really, really bad after riding yesterday, but I stood in a hot shower until the hot water ran out, then trooped out to the barn anyway to teach.  Today, I just had to cry "Uncle", and stay home.  This is the long version of saying I didn't ride today.  Yesterday I bedded all the stalls, so today I cleaned as quickly as possible, gave the boy 2 peppermints to make up for leaving him in his stall, and skedaddled.

Hopefully I'm better by tomorrow, and it quits raining long enough to do some productive work!

No comments:

Post a Comment