Friday, July 9, 2010

Getting back ON track!


Today was my LAST day of camp, yay! While I'll miss the extra $$, I will NOT miss the extra hours:) Rode my muffin man for the first time in 2 solid weeks yesterday:D. Nicole and I went on a trail ride. I haven't done a "long" trail in almost a YEAR, since the time I got "hung". Rode Sedona first, then spent a nice long time grooming the Tiki boy. I can tell I haven't been grooming him 4-5 times a week like usual, because he has crusted over sweat marks that are next to impossible to get off with a brush. Observed that he needs to have the clippers ran over him, and the scissors to the mane, but other than that he's none the worse for the wear. Coat looks shiny and glossy, muscle tone looks good. Our trail was 2 hours WITH some trotting and cantering, so it was a nice workout. Nicole rode her ADORABLE future event pony, Sparky. He is the type of horse you want to put in your pocket and take home with you:). He's the one that will be going cross country schooling with me next week; the 19th! Woo Hoo! I have 2 goals; jump the cabin, and jump the wider ditch. Will ride him most ever day this upcoming week to make sure he's not too out of condition for the schooling. He felt GREAT on the trail; very strong and ready to get back to work:)

No comments:

Post a Comment