Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Goin' Solo


So, yesterday I knew would be my last opportunity to ride before it rained ... and rained ... and rained. Really wasn't up for an intense ring ride because I have a MASSIVE bruise on my leg from where my horse nailed me in our struggles to get on the trailer coming home. Tacked him up and walked out of the driveway and next to the road around the perimeter of the barn. Headed into the woods at our usual spot, and very soon was at the water. Didn't even have to kick him. Just a little squeeze right, squeeze left, and he went through quietly and calmly. Gradually, I let him all the way out onto the buckle. We stayed that way through most of the ride. Took the loop, and made our way back and he was still perfect. Started walking a little faster but no jigging or trying to trot. All in all, the trip was an hour and a half of perfection. Not a single look, start, spook, or even a googly eye. Good boy! Now he's off duty until I decide whether I'm taking him to PWF on Saturday due to the fact that it will be raining the next 3 days.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an "I'm sorry I bruised your leg, so I'll behave today" ride. Glad you enjoyed it. We've got the rain too :(

    ReplyDelete